TERMS & CONDITIONS
(a) ‘Company’ is ‘The Badminton Retreat Limited’ which is registered in England and Wales. Company No: 11651068 with registered address at Bartletts Brigde Stud, Wedmore, Somerset, BS28 4HH
(b) ‘Client’ or ‘Hirer’ is the natural or legal person named in the Hire Contract.
(c) ‘Structures’ or ‘Equipment’ are the tents and internal contents.
(d) ‘Hire Period’ is from 12pm on Tuesday the 30th of April until 11am am on Monday the 6th May 2019.
(e) ‘Hire Contract’ means the information appearing on the booking confirmation and these terms and conditions.
2) Terms and Conditions These terms and conditions are intended to form a binding contract between the Company and the Client. The Company is not bound by any variation unless agreed in writing by the Company. By making a booking the Client confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions applicable will be those published on the Company’s website at the time of booking. The Company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in its absolute discretion and any such amended terms and conditions will become binding upon publication on the Company’s website. The Client will be responsible for all persons using the Structures and Equipment and liable for any breaches of these terms and conditions by any such persons. The Company reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time if it is seen to be in the interest of the safe and efficient running of the service. If there is any inconsistency between the terms and conditions condition and any other communications through advertising, statements or comments on media sites our terms and conditions on our website prevail.
3) Clients Responsibilities/Insurance The Client will be responsible for the safety, security and condition of the Structure and Equipment for the duration of the Hire Period. The Client will pay for any loss, damage or theft to any of the Structure and Equipment however caused. It is the Client’s responsibility to make sure they have sufficient comprehensive insurance against loss or damage to the Structure or Equipment. The cost of replacement Equipment or repairs will be quoted for and should be settled immediately. The Client will be responsible for any damage caused to Company property or nearby property. The Company cannot accept any responsibility for the Client’s own equipment when stored in the Structure. All Clients’ personal items are their sole responsibility and the Company emphasises that the hired Structures are part of an outdoor camping facility which are at times exposed to the weather and natural environment. It is the Client’s responsibility to take precaution to secure and look after all personal belongings. Valuable items must not be kept in the Structures. Images on our website are for illustration purposes only and may not match the exact representation of the Structure and facilities. It is the Client’s responsibility, upon arrival, to check the Structure and Equipment; if the Equipment is wrong or faulty the Company will do its best to rectify the problem. The Company will do its best to ensure the Structures are functional and suitable for purpose and of a reasonable standard expected from a portable, temporary camp site. The Client should be aware of weather and temperature conditions on a field site when booking. The Company will do its best to supply the particular Structure and Equipment booked but reserves the right to use the best substitute Equipment if necessary due to lack of certain Equipment or other circumstances. The Client will have no claim against the Company in the event that substitute structures and equipment are provided. If the Company cannot substitute an alternative, the Company will notify you of the cancellation of the Hire Contract and immediately refund the full amount paid, but otherwise no claim shall lie against the Company. The Hirer is responsible for the Structure and Equipment for the duration of the Hire Period and if it is not left in the condition it was received in a charge will apply. All reasonable steps must be taken to ensure all openings are closed in windy conditions and when not in use to avoid damage to the Structures and Equipment. The Hirer undertakes that he must not tamper with or move the Structures or any part of the Equipment and permission must be gained from the Company before suspending anything from the Structures. Lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or similar items should not be used inside the Structure. Power intensive electrical appliances, such as Kettles, fridges and hairdryers should not be used in the Structures. The Client will not permit smoking in the Structures. The Hirer shall permit any person authorised by the Company at all reasonable times to enter the Structure. It is Client’s sole responsibility to hold the right number of official ticket passes for them and their group to enter the 2019 Badminton Horse Trials. The Client is not permitted to sub-let or rent out the Structures to anyone. The Company will not accept illegal or offensive activities on site and those causing a nuisance to other guests will be evicted. The Company will not accept abusive or threatening behaviour to Company employees or other clients. The Company will not accept Clients refusing to comply with any reasonable request of a Company employee. Any Client or Client’s guest may be searched at the entrance or onsite and illegal or offensive items confiscated. If any Client or Client’s guest is suspected of carrying on illegal or offensive activities or causing a nuisance to other guests, you will be asked to leave the Company’s site immediately. If a Client or a Client’s guest is asked to leave the site, the Client will not be given compensation or reimbursement for any amount paid. The Company may, at its own discretion, ban certain people from its site without stating a reason. A banned person will not be allowed to enter the site. Only structures and facilities approved by the Company will be allowed on site. Additional structures, tents and gazebos will not be permitted without written confirmation from the Company. The Company cannot allow pets on site. The Company will not allow cameras and video equipment on site for anything other than personnel use. Flying or filming with unmanned aerial vehicles will not be tolerated. No sound systems, generators, sky lanterns, kites, fireworks, bangers, laser pens, wax flares, barbeques or camp fires are allowed on site. The Company will endeavour to ensure that Client’s privacy is not compromised but by agreeing to the Company’s terms and conditions a Client agrees that occasional photos or short video recording may be taken on site. These pictures and videos may be used for the Company’s promotional and marketing purposes. The Company asks Clients to only bring food and drink for personnel consumption on site. Please don’t bring glass bottles, drugs or dangerous substances on site. The Company asks Clients to only use specially marked walkways or paths to the campsite. Clients are not permitted behind the Structures or facilities including the loos and showers to avoid any hazardous infrastructure. For security reasons we can only admit people who have booked accommodation on to the site.
4) Facilities Provided The Company may provide facilities in addition to the Structures. These facilities may include loos, showers. pamper rooms, sitting room, chill out areas and cafe/restaurant. The provision of these facilities is subject to the Company’s discretion. The Company will do its best to provide the facilities advertised but reserve the rights to substitute facilities if required. No refund or compensation will be provided unless the particular facility was mentioned on the booking confirmation. Certain power points can be used for charging phones, cameras etc. but are used at Client’s own risk. Please ask for permission from one of the Company’s employees. The Client will acknowledge that field based portable generators are used to power the site and these power points. The Company is not liable for any damage caused to the Client’s personal equipment as a result of or connected to the use of the power points.
5) Parking Parking can be purchased at the cost of £30 per car.
6) Liability The Company will do its best to supply any service in a timely and efficient manner, but we cannot be held liability for the following:
(a) Delay or non-delivery due to variable traffic conditions.
(b) Late or non-delivery caused by war, terrorism, civil disorder, adverse wind or weather conditions, restriction or obstruction of transport.
(c) Injury or death to persons using the Structures, Equipment and facilities.
(d) Problems due to not obtaining appropriate permission from the organisers of Badminton Horse Trials, public or local authorities.
(e) Loss or damage to equipment due to weather, fire, flood or accident.
(f) Equipment, Structures or inventory being hired by the company is not available by reason of mechanical breakdown, accident or any other reason.
(g) Late or non-delivery due to any cause outside of the Company’s control, including but not limited to the cancellation of the Badminton Horse Trials for any reason. If for any reason the Equipment, Structures or inventory is not available and the Company is unable to substitute a suitable replacement the Company’s Liabilities will be restricted to and no greater than the value if any contracted services. The reimbursement of any monies paid would be minus any reasonable costs incurred by the company for what they were agreed to supply.
7) Bookings The Company reserves the right to withdraw or revise any bookings up until the time of acceptance in the form of a booking confirmation. The Company accepts no responsibility for inaccuracies or misunderstandings arising through orders, instructions or information given to Clients by telephone or verbally unless confirmed in writing by the Company. The Company cannot be held responsible for incorrect or incomplete information supplied by the Client at the time of booking. Please notify the Company immediately if the details in our booking confirmation are incorrect.
8) Discounts Any discounts are subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. The Company has the right to introduce discounts and price changes without prior notice, and these will not apply to bookings already confirmed.
9) Payment Terms Full payment is required when booking as stated by the website www.badmintonretreat.co.uk. The booking is not considered firm until full payment is cleared and a booking confirmation email is sent from the Company. Payment must be made through the web site. All the Company’s payments should be made in £ Sterling GBP.
10) Cancellations No refund will be given on placed orders that are cancelled by the Client after the 1st of December 2018, unless the Company are unable to fill the order. In exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to cancel your booking should there be insufficient demand overall for the accommodation at a location. If the Company do cancel the booking, the amount paid will be refunded in full. The Company will endeavour to give reasonable notice should this be the case to minimize any inconvenience. Complaint The Company prides itself on its level of service and the quality of the temporary accommodation and facilities provided. The Company asks any Clients to speak to a Company employee as soon as possible if you have any concerns. If we are not aware of any concerns before the last day of your stay we will conclude that everything was satisfactory.
A Client must fill in on enquiry form or booking form with certain contact information such as – Name, Telephone number, Email, and Address. This is used to complete a booking and for billing or to contact a Client.
If you sign up for our mailing list the Company may use your email to contact you in the following ways.
- a) To tell you about other services we think may be of interest to you.
- b) In order to get feedback and improve the services offered.
- c) In order to respond or deal with any or your requests or answer any questions.
- d) To track the response we get to our marketing services. If your contact details change or you no longer want information about our services please let the company know on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01458460010 or 01454460012. The Company will not disclose individual details like names and contact details to other marketing agencies. The Company will only disclose personal details if required to by law. The Company will do all possible to protect personnel information submitted to us in transit and once received. However it should be accepted that all information received over the internet is not 100% secure. Please email the Company if you have any questions about the security of our website. In the event that the ‘Badminton Retreat’ goes through a business transaction and is sold or merged with another company the personnel contact information may also be transferred. In an event of this all information will be displayed clearly on the Website for 30 days explaining any change of ownership.